Our mission is to produce students equipped to become Christian leaders
who positively impact the culture for Christ.
Our vision is of partnering with dedicated parents and supporters
to provide their children a nurturing Christian environment that encourages
the development of strong minds, healthy bodies, and spiritual character,
using a scriptural approach for an academically excellent education.
- The partnership between the school and the family is critical to the education process.
- Education occurs both in and out of the formal classroom and must focus on the whole child: intellectual, physical, spiritual, emotional, and social.
- True character-building and education parallel the teaching of Biblical principles, as expressed in the Statements of Faith.
- Academic instruction must support and promote Biblical truth and a Biblical worldview where Christ is preeminent and the view of the future is an eternal one.
- Academic instruction must be student-centered and engaging, teaching critical thinking skills and recognizing individual learning styles.
- The student/teacher relationship is critical to all aspects of education and is enhanced by smaller class size and Biblically-based mentoring.
- The worldview of a child is greatly influenced by the belief system of his teachers, thus the selection of teachers must be done with great care.
Coupled with salvation and discipleship, the ultimate aim of education is to provide quality education which enhances the ability to pursue God’s calling on individual lives.
The core values of Guardian Christian Academy are an extension of those of our sponsoring church, Southside Church of the Nazarene. They are as follows:
- People matter to God.
(Ephesians 2:1-7; Matthew 28:18-20; Luke 15; John 17:1-3)
God deeply wants people to know Him, so we intensely focus on reaching out to everyone possible, meeting them where they are and guiding them into the Kingdom of God.
GCA is an evangelistic school which strives to reach out to all people and provide an avenue for coming to know God. We recognize that all people are uniquely created and, as such, have unique needs, gifts, and callings. Because of this, it is critical that students be met “where they are” and guided along in all areas of their growth: spiritual, intellectual, emotional, physical, and social.
- We are created to connect with God.
(Psalm 139:17-18; Luke 5:16; John 15:1-10; Psalm 95:5-7)
Intimacy with God is available to all believers and is the source of strength, security, and power for our journey of faith.
To have an intimate relationship, one must know God, which comes from knowing His Word. At Guardian Christian Academy, the Bible is held in reverence, with the memorization, understanding, and application of scripture central to instruction. A culture of prayer is created and understood as imperative to having the intimate relationship God desires with us. Worship is a part of this intimacy as well and is promoted at GCA as a key component of our relationship with Him. It is seen as crucial for faculty, staff, and administration to model evidence of a growing relationship with Jesus Christ and a lifestyle of prayer and worship.
- No one climbs alone.
(Ecclesiastes 4:9-12; John 13:34-35; Acts 2:42-47; 1 Peter 2:22; Ephesians 4:15, 32)
God’s way of openness and love towards us establishes our pattern for our relationships with each other. Believers thrive in authentic Christian relationships.
At GCA, we are committed to community through promoting a sense of unity and striving to partner with parents in the education of their children, while still recognizing and appreciating individual and cultural diversity. Our shared love for God and for one another unites us as we strive to meet the mission and vision of our school. Students are guided in their relationships with peers, as well as with faculty, recognizing that the relationships we live out on a daily basis should reflect our understanding and appreciation of God’s love for us.
- We are to be like Christ.
(Mark 1:17, 2:14, 8:34; 1 Corinthians 9:24-27; 2 Timothy 3:10-17; Galatians 5:22-23)
We have encountered the deal of a lifetime in apprenticing ourselves to Jesus. We are learning from Him how to live our daily lives.
Because of this, Guardian Christian Academy strives for academic excellence coupled with emphasis on continuous spiritual growth. Bible is taught throughout the grades as a core course and Biblical principles are tied to all areas of learning, both in and out of the classroom. This shaping of a child’s life, and of his worldview, is seen as an integral part in helping him to be open to the work of the Holy Spirit in his life, molding and shaping him to be more like Christ.
- We are designed to serve.
(Exodus 35:20-35; Matthew 20:25-28; Romans 12:4-8; Ephesians 4:3-13)
Coordinated, strategic service is an expression of our spiritual gifts and is a joyful and grateful response to God’s love and purpose for us.
GCA is committed to providing opportunities for mission and service and to modeling a servant attitude as we work and minister both inside and outside our walls. Students are taught to be good stewards of their gifts, talents, time, and resources and to utilize each to display God’s love and to impact the culture for Christ. They are prayerfully guided in recognizing and utilizing their spiritual gifts and in preparing to follow God’s calling on their lives.
- The next generation depends on us.
(Deuteronomy 6:4-9; Hebrews 11; 1 Corinthians 10:31–11:12; Genesis 27:1-38)
At Guardian Christian, we recognize the critical importance of preparing the next generation through example and lifestyle. We are preparing the next generation to lead the way. Because of this, we are committed to proclaiming the Gospel and to modeling a Godly lifestyle to our students and families.
We are focused on promoting a Biblical worldview through our commitment to God’s Word and through the purposeful use of Biblical integration in all areas of instruction. We believe in the power of mentoring, of passing on deep passion for Christ and His Kingdom through the relationships between older and younger Christians. We believe this is how disciples are best multiplied. We consider it both a challenge and a blessing to have the chance to leave a legacy by investing in the lives of students.
Schoolwide Expected Student Outcomes
- To teach that Jesus Christ is the Son of God and that His death and resurrection provide forgiveness of sins and new life through Him in faith
- To foster an understanding of the nature of God and the development of a Biblical worldview
- To teach that the Bible is the Word of God and to help students appreciate and accept its practical use and importance and make decisions based on its principles
- To promote the availability of a victorious Christian life and its dependence upon fellowship with Jesus Christ through the reading of the Bible, prayer, service, worship, and meeting with other Christians
- To develop the proper attitudes, ideals, habits, knowledge, and skills necessary for a life of Christ-like character and personal success in Christ
- To promote an understanding of the Great Commission
- To promote academic excellence and the desire to achieve one’s potential through instruction in all subject areas including but not limited to English, Social Studies, Math, Science, Bible, Fine Arts, Technology, Physical Education, and Health
- To help in the identification of gifts, talents, and interests and in the preparation of students for future education/vocation
- To develop an understanding of the fundamentals of creation, God, mankind, moral order, and purpose in connection with all areas of study through the purposeful use of Biblical integration
- To teach that learning is a lifetime habit and process
- To promote critical thinking skills and the ability to apply knowledge
- To create individuals who are able to work both independently and cooperatively
- To stimulate the desire for wholesome recreation
- To promote a lifelong respect for the human body as a Temple of God
- To foster the desire to care for our physical body through healthy habits and exercise
- To foster an understanding of the human body as God’s creation
- To develop students to grow to be able to live out their Christian life and become a credit to Christ within their homes, community, nation, and world
- To encourage students to view others as made in God’s image and to treat them with love and respect
- To aid in the development of strong communication skills which are Christ-honoring
- To promote lifelong habits of good stewardship and service through the gifts of time, resources, and talents
- To develop the desire in students to both lead and serve according to God’s direction
- To promote the application of Biblical understanding to changing world events and cultures
- To teach students to exercise responsibility and accountability
- To love and nurture students so they are able to recognize and accept their own value and the value of others
- To provide experiences that will lead students to be able to face life with courage and perseverance
- To help students to understand and accept themselves as uniquely and wonderfully made
- To teach students to recognize and appropriately express feelings with the understanding that those feelings are not to be the primary factor in determining actions
STATEMENT OF FAITH
It is the desire of Guardian Christian Academy to provide a safe and caring environment in which children can learn both academic content and Biblical truths. Biblical values and moral ethics are integrated into the academic curriculum to help children adopt a Biblical worldview and develop into well-rounded individuals. Christian values are taught with individualized love and attention from teachers who are passionate about teaching, the Lord, and children.
Education at GCA is based on the school’s established Statement of Faith which are rooted in scripture found in the 66 books that form both the Old and New Testaments of the Holy Bible. Parents make a commitment to support the teachings of both the Holy Bible and the Statement of Faith upon enrolling their children at Guardian Christian.
Grow With Us
See what makes Guardian Christian Academy different by visiting our campus. Meet our dedicated faculty, see our wonderful classrooms, and experience how the teachings of Jesus enrich our lives everyday.
Guardian Christian Academy is a Christ-centered school offering Preschool - High School, Child Care, Before and After School Care, and Summer Programs and Camps.