Competition Cheer (mini squad grades 1-5; JV grades 6-12)
Guardian Christian Academy believes competition and participation in athletic events contributes to the physical, emotional, academic, and spiritual development of Christian school students. Not only are skills and techniques taught, but teamwork, sportsmanship, and perseverance are emphasized as well. Loyalty and self-discipline are also key. When parents, students, and staff are committed to supporting these goals, GCA athletics is able to operate smoothly, greatly benefiting the student. The athletic handbook provides the framework for the success of the athletic department, and necessary forms allow for the daily operations of the sports programs to function smoothly.
Forms and fees to be completed and returned to the Athletic Director prior to established practices include:
Building Healthy Bodies and Spiritual Minds
The Guardian Christian Academy Athletic Program provides quality coaching and teaching from a Christian perspective. The program is designed to prepare and enable athletes, through their successes and failures, to have an influence on the world for Christ.
Guardian Christian Academy believes competition and participation in athletic events contributes to the physical, emotional, academic, and spiritual development of Christian school students. In addition, it gives students the opportunity to test and display their skill before others. Healthy competition between athletes and schools are key to mature Christian relationships.
Guardian Christian Academy is the Home of the Royal Knights and is a member of the Virginia Metro Athletic Conference (VMAC). Students in 5th grade and above are eligible to try out for volleyball, basketball, soccer, cross country, baseball, girls sideline cheer, and girls competitive cheer (also offered at the elementary level).
Teamwork, sportsmanship, Christ-like responses, and the setting and achieving of personal goals, with skill development are all emphasized.
Knights Alliance Mission Statement
1. The KNIGHTS Alliance will strive to promote hospitality, sportsmanship, leadership, teamwork, community outreach, and a strong work ethic in after school program(s) and the classroom among our students.
2. Aid the Sports Complex in promoting, sponsoring, and supporting after school programs and special projects.
3. Aid and support promotion, marketing, fundraising, volunteer recruitment, publicity, and after-school program development.
4. Encourage attendance at all Guardian sponsored events to enhance Knight pride, involvement and overall school spirit.
5. KNIGHTS Alliance activities and fundraisers will help offset the costs and expenses incurred for after school programming.
6. Joining the KNIGHTS Alliance and volunteering one’s time and talents are essential ways to show students’ support and promote school spirit in our Guardian community, while serving our student body.
7. Provide guests and attendees with a hospitable environment through teamwork and member involvement.
8. Guide and mentor our students and program participants to be the best versions of themselves.
Grow With Us
See what makes Guardian Christian Academy different by visiting our campus. Meet our dedicated faculty, see our wonderful classrooms, and experience how the teachings of Jesus enrich our lives everyday.
Guardian Christian Academy is a Christ-centered school offering Preschool - High School, Child Care, Before and After School Care, and Summer Programs and Camps.